Sunday, December 6, 2009

Introduction to Nuggets

(Written by Allen)

So after an overwhelming ONE post by me last month (and a total of 2 by the both of us), I'm going to try to implement something new so there isn't such a dearth in entries (it's something that I've been thinking about since we started this blog).

With that said, welcome to the introduction to my first 'Nugget' entry. A nugget entry consists of a quote that I've come across that has been insightful for any of a variety of reasons. The majority of these nuggets will come from Christian material I've read and heard, with a scattering of other random quotes. I'm not sure whether I'll be just typing the 'nugget' itself or providing my own thoughts as well, but we'll see how things go.

My reason for the Christian area of emphasis is two-fold: for those Christian, the Christian life is one of empty & fill, deplete & replenish. I hope that these nuggets can serve as means to 'fill' and 'replenish', however slightly or profoundly. For Christian or non, I hope these can stimulate thought in their impact into your own life. As something I have been increasingly learning over the last 5ish years, Christianity is not just a Sunday-morning thing.

My (tentative) plans are to do at least one nugget every week. But, as my history of blog posting indicates, we'll see how it goes...


(p.s. I use to term 'nugget' in viewing them as 'nuggets of wisdom'. If you have any other suggestions for what to call these, I welcome your recommendations)

No comments:

Post a Comment