(Written by Iulia)
It's been a while since I've written...I've been quite busy!
Last weekend was my birthday...my parents stopped by our apartment on their way to Florida. Good times were had by all! They arrive Friday night and left Saturday evening. Friday night was spent eating dinner and unpacking the van of all of the fruit (and Romanian food) they brought us (my parents live by an amazing produce store that sells the most abundant variety of fresh and cheap fruits and veggies...seriously, peaches for 30 cents a pound? no fair!!). Goodness did our fridge ever grow. Pinapples, tomatoes, peaches, pears, kiwi, apples, oranges, mandarines, carrots, cantaloupes, feta cheese, Italian bread, sausauge, smoked salmon, and probably more that I'm forgetting...needless to say, we will be eating well...and inviting friends over to share in our abundance. Thanks mom and dad!
Saturday, my mom and I went home decorating shopping (it was my birthday present) while my dad and Allen put on their manly men hats and got to work on the apartment. My dad is "Mr. I Can Build or Fix Anything With a Tin Can and a Hammer" so he just basically went to town on our apartment. Allen and my dad installed a new screen door, put together a new (giant)dining room table and a couple of chairs(so we can have people over without making them eat on the floor), fixed the guest bathroom sink (that we didn't know was broken to begin with), and other random things. My mom and I just made all of this look pretty :)
I was sad to see my parents leave, but am cheered by the fact that I will hopefully see them again in a few months...and by the fact that my parents-in-law will be here before we know it. yay!
On to work stuff...work is good! This week I also started working at my school office (I split my time between two offices). I will update more on that later once I find out more about what my role there entails. God is certainly working on my heart in regards to my job, showing me what an amazing position He's put in me to serve others. Again, more on that later though...my lunch is almost over and I need to get back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment