(Written by Allen)
Last weekend was Iulia’s b-day, and if I had really been on top of my game, I would have prepared a blog entry to post on her birthday highlighting how superlative she is. But, as evidence by the lack of entry, I didn’t (in fact, the idea of doing this blog entry didn’t even come to my mind until this week...I’m still getting used to this notion that we have a blog where I can post stuff like this).
Anyways, this weekend we ‘celebrated’ her birthday as a part of our date night. While neither one of us are adamant about honoring special events on the specific date they occurred, special days and special anniversaries can’t be neglected either. Though they serve many reasons, one important one is to help remember the specialness that is the other person and having a relationship with them. I always thought we’d be the exception to the rule, but just 3 months into marriage, I begin to see how easy it is to fall into the marriage ‘routine’ (which leads to the marriage ‘rut’). I get lazy and stop pursuing her, we each become a little more quick with each other, life together becomes ‘ordinary’, and so on. As a result, I lose sight of how wondrous and spectacular (and what an honor and privilege) being her husband is.
At the end of this week, I spent some time thinking about the beauty that is my wife and how to express all that she means to me. And I really struggled to find the words. At the risk of sounding cliché, she is truly beyond words. Her heart, her love, her humor, her spunk, her beauty, her faithfulness, her intelligence, her humor- there’s just so much about her that touches my heart like no other person ever has. So all that to say- I am so blessed to be the husband of this amazing woman. She’s it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This made me teary-eyed...and you know that's a big thing for me.
ReplyDeletetag.